if you would like to support us as a volunteer, see this section of the website.
However, if you would like to support us through sponsorship or making a donation, you may wish to know:
- Background information about the charity and our charitable work, and the history of the charity since it was founded as the Ocean Youth Club in 1960
- Who runs the charity and is it well-run? – Management and trustees, and annual reports showing our financial history
- Is our charitable work effective and does it make a lasting difference? – Feedback and Awards
- How can donors keep in touch with the charity’s activities? – See our weekly newsletter
- How to make a donation, how your money is spent, and who are the charity’s major sponsors?
- Legacies and in memory giving
We also have:
- Leaflets about the charity which you can print and share with others
- Branded clothing available to buy
Ocean Youth Trust South is enormously grateful to all the sponsors and donors who make our work with young people possible. We always aim to work with donors to ensure that you get prompt reports and appropriate recognition. We will discuss with donors how you would like your money to be spent – for example, would you like to buy an item for the boat, or support a salary or another element of our core costs, or would you like to donate bursary funding so that we can open our voyages to disadvantaged or vulnerable young people who cannot afford even our subsidised voyage prices?
We will also look at other ways to keep our donors involved – for example, you might be able to come on an adult day sail and experience life on board Prolific. For corporate sponsors, we may be able to organise team-building days for staff, or offer places on voyages to employees aged 25 or under, or to the children of employees. You may even have an employee who would like to qualify as a volunteer and sail on youth voyages; and we have often recruited Trustees from our major sponsors when they can bring immense expertise in finance, management, HR, marketing etc.
OYT South aims to ensure that all donors feel appreciated and have as much of a connection with the charity as you wish, in order to be confident that your money is being used in line with your wishes.
Many of Ocean Youth Trust South’s donors have supported the charity for years – a tremendous expression of faith which means more to us than we can say.
if you want to discuss sponsorship or making a donation, please contact Caroline White.
If you are a taxpayer, you can use Gift Aid when making a donation to OYT South. This allows us to claim back the tax you have paid, making your gift worth much more to us without costing you a penny extra. Just complete and return this Gift Aid form.
You can also use the Gift Aid form to make regular donations.
You can even buy earrings designed by a young person on board, with a share of the proceeds contributing to our charitable work.